“Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts.” ~ Walker Evans (American Photographer, 1903-1975)
With all the activity surrounding plans for Gerry Daniel Photography, the blog has been on the back burner. The longer it got since my last post, the harder it became to write the next post. Besides sharing a few items about what to anticipate for my photography, this little post allows me to break the cycle and get the blog back on track.
So, what to include in this post and what to save for upcoming posts is a question for me. Actually, this will be pretty much like a lot of the posts on this blog which means the details of this post are forming as this is being written. If you were expecting a post presenting a grand plan in a highly organized document, you should adjust your expectations. Adaptation is essential to survival so buckle up buttercup.
With the equivalent of an opening statement accompanied by a disclaimer, here are a few things that are on the horizon:
- New logo design coming soon
- Custom framing for my photographs done by me which will complete the circle of creating the image all the way to fine art photographs ready to display
- New business cards (the forward thinking collector has been making sure they add this to their collection of gerry daniel photography memorabilia)
- New brochures for different areas of my work (hint: another “must have” for collectors)
- Exhibitions of my work in various venues
- Public and private outlets to view and purchase my photography
- Continued efforts to expand and improve work as a photographer
- Participation in “The Daily Post” community on SmugMug
There are more items that could be listed but that should give you a glimpse into things in the works. Yeah, there is a gap of information that covers what I’ve been doing since the last post. Some of those answers are related to the items listed above. Some of the information relates more to things I’ve been doing and learning along the way. Will all of the information gaps be filled? Probably not.
If you haven’t visited my site on RedBubble, there are two ways to view the work that’s been posted there. I invite you to visit both.
- Store front on RedBubble for gerry daniel photography
- Public profile for gerry daniel photography on RedBubble
If you are interested in acquiring some of my photographs that will be custom framed by me please use the contact form on my “Contact” page on the main Gerry Daniel Photography site that is integrated with this blog.
Last but not least, my sincere thanks to everyone that’s encouraged me and supported my work. It means a lot, more than you know. Comments welcome and encouraged.